The meringue before adding the filling
Top view of the pavlova, with strawberries and blackberries
Side view
What I Think:Well, what do you know, I tried making meringue again. So far, I have only been successful once in making good crisp meringues, but since I thought that pavlova supposed to have a crunchy outer crust and a soft inside, I tried using a different recipe. However, turned that this recipe was too soft, just like most other recipes I've tried. Perhaps I put the oven rack too high up because the meringue was browning too quickly, while the inside was still uncooked. Besides being too soft, it turned out alright, with a very airy and fluffy inside. For the whipped cream filling, I added rum along for additional flavour. I love using Jamaican dark rum for whipped cream, but espresso liquor is also a good substitute. I really wish I had a more fruity liquor to use though. I decorated the top with sliced strawberries and blackberries to create a rounded floral pattern.
No comments:
Post a Comment